Tuesday, March 10, 2009

updateupdateupdateupdateupdateupdateupdate.....

OKAY....It's March 10th, as you can see by reading the post date, and here's the latest news:

I attended my Teacher's Retirement System workshop and it's really happening. I am retiring as of July 1st and starting a new career. No, it's not nutrition and lifestyle counseling. That was a extravagant dream. I quit. It cost me way too much money for no guarantees.

But in the name of flexibility and boredom, I am taking prep courses for a certification in Medical Records Coding. It's actually more interesting than it sounds and according to the research I have been doing, still a wide open field. Also, it's a national certification. That means I could conceivably pick up stakes and move anywhere in the U.S.A. should I want to.

I am ready for a bit of boredom if it means I can: a) maybe work at home 3 to 4 days per week and have the rest of the time to myself and or b) work in an office or free-lance/per diem and not have to think about any work related things when I come home. (Teachers and former teachers will understand this and appreciate it!)

What makes this flexibility all possible will be that I will retire with a small pension (won't even cover my rent!) and (here's the gem) my medical coverage! yeah! yay!

Well small things make me happy. Will keep you posted soon.

No comments: