Sunday, July 18, 2004

Pain and my great big useless mouth

Too much too little too late.
I've come to know a small number of people with abuse in their childhood. I mean serious violence in their childhood and emotional neglect. I know them as coping adults and I want say that their commonality is a fierce determination to say their mind and a need to be right, also a strong sense of injustice. I find such friends to be powerful allies but be prepared to defend yourself if you tell them they are wrong about anything! Be prepared to dig your feet in and pull like an ox.
I could have saved my friend a lot of pain. I should have continued to open my mouth and been more insistent. But you see I am always ready change and re-evaluate my opinion because I doubt in the face of unreasonable certainty. My friend is always ready to change and re-evaluate the evidence in the favor of unreasonable certainty. We are quite a pair.

No comments: