Saturday, July 24, 2004

FOR HEAVEN'S SAKE!!

I'm 52 (for heaven's sake) and I am discovering graphic novels (for heaven's sake!). I always loved comics. Something my maternal grandfather was keenly aware of and for the dollar he gave me I could by ten, count'em, ten nicely sized DC or Marvel comic. (Yes, I had the original Spiderman which my mother threw out!) 
So here I am following and reading and even caring about an online comic, Megatokyo. I mean talk about misplaced generation jumping. I don't like the cutesy faux Japanese cartooning yet I like this one. I like the characters. I like the in an out of reality jumps. I even am learning l33t script/talk. Part of the attraction is the blog type rambling of the artist/creator at the end of each episode. Shames me for all I gave up in my aborted art career. I coulda been a contenda.
Would I like other Manga type novels? I don't think so. Even though I am obscenely following the animated web-TV feed for Love Hina (for heaven's sake!)


No comments: