Friday, January 29, 2010

JOB HUNTING MODE

The new position in job hunting mode is seated at the computer. Everything is online. I know this comes as no surprise to the young and the currently searching for work. Even so it is amazing in it's contradictory emotional impact. Here I am sitting at home, filling out applications, not talking to anyone, searching company websites, losing track of time, getting up, making tea, using the facilities, watching a movie on Netflix, losing track of time, eating, using the facilities, etc.,etc., etc.

I feel like a novelist, working at home. I feel like a home-based business person, working at home. I feel so weird. I feel like I am actually accomplishing something. I feel like I am accomplishing nothing. I feel like I am dreaming. I could do this for ever.

No comments: