Friday, July 08, 2005

My, My.....

Only one blog entry in 2005 and this is the second. The topic of the day is the attack on London but I will not belabor it too long. The first reaction is the certainty that it will happen here in New York, and soon. Next is knowing that Ari travels through the heart of this city at the precise optimal time for terrorist attack every day on his way to college. The mind and heart goes out to the victims of this latest attack and at the same moment cycles through and wieghs numerous strategies to avoid the same inevitable future here. Should I have my son transfer to a college in the Bronx so that we both have no reason to travel through that future ground zero? This is now the sad paranoid reality of living in any big city with a large public transportation system. How to live in the city and yet avoid it? Well that's it for now.

No comments: